(Hi, hello, it’s been a LONG time. Probably the longest time period I’ve ever gone without blogging. Is anyone still reading? Are blogs still relevant? Whatever, who cares. I’ll catch you up soon on the terribleness that has been 2016, but for now – I want to talk about February and 2017. And making goals/setting intentions because that centers me.)
Get my medical records. // I have medical records at 3 different offices in Cleveland, Akron, and Massachusetts. World’s biggest hassle, but once I have them, I can more easily get second opinions and change doctors. Which will help with..
Contact maternal fetal medicine specialists in Boston. // I have four names in Boston of doctors I need to get in touch with review my medical history and figure out why my babies keep dying. Maybe I’ll do that this month. Maybe next. Depends how long it takes me to get my medical records.
Make a PCP appointment. // I had an intake appointment last summer, but I need an annual physical. That seems like an adult thing to do.
Do a phone bootcamp. // I use this app daily to keep track of how much time I’m spending on my phone. It has a 10-day bootcamp with a challenge for each day- like take a walk without your phone, get off your phone an hour earlier than you usually do, etc. It’s a great app and helps me realize just how much time I can waste on my phone. (Though to be fair, it also includes Google Maps in the usage time.)
Finish couch to 5K. // I restarted C25K in December after taking the past few months off running. I’m in week seven and it’s been so great to get back out there. Plus!! We finally have a treadmill – so I can run inside too, now. (I prefer walking on the treadmill because then I dread it less. But I can handle some minimal running on it. I’d never train for a half marathon or anything on a treadmill. I’m far too wimpy for that.)
Decide about spring break. // Do we want to stay here and not break? Do we want to fly to San Diego or Palm Springs? Do we want to drive down to the Outer Banks again? TBD. I need to lay out the costs of each and decide! It’s only 6 weeks away.
Get a character development book for Gabe. // One of my big goals this year to do more character development work with Gabe – aka: keep him a nice, kind human being and not spoiled or bratty. I’m already reading this great book but I could use more resources, especially since they could be used as homeschooling activities. I did character development lesson plans for the elementary school students I worked with 10 (!) years ago and it was really fun.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Since I’m sharing goals and aspirations, I’ll also share my Big Yearly Goals. It’s a little embarrassing to admit I’m still working on some things (like being nicer to my husband and not being on my phone all the time), but hey, #3 says I should.
My 2017 Goals:
1) Be kinder to Mike. Snap less, laugh more.
2) Be present and mindful. Break phone addiction and meditate regularly.
3) Be more open with friends. Invite people over and be vulnerable enough to reach out to make new connections. (Experiencing so much loss and heartbreak last year has made me prioritize more authentic, vulnerable connections. Especially with people who are broken and get what it’s like.)
4) Strength train regularly. (I’m getting older. I need to take care of my bones)
5) Enforce chores for kids and do character development with Gabe.
– Open 429 accounts for kids
– Establish family traditions on Friday and Saturday
– Read to Theo as a part of daily routine
– Shift savings from downpayment to retirement
– Take a road trip out west?
– Get involved in community
– Go to a work conference
– Eat more greens and protein
– Donate more
– Get passports for kids
– Read more