(I always feel like I’m catching up with friends when I click, “New Post” and start typing away. I kind of like you guys.)
A few things I do want to remember:
- Such an odd collection of humanity. From young families to aging flower children to older nuns who looked like your grandma to college students with 27 piercings in their face – there were people of all ages, races, and religions.
- A 4:30am Krispy Kreme donut is equal parts disgusting and amazing.
- The whole bus singing Let It Be and Don’t Stop Believing accompanied by a college guy playing his acoustic guitar.
- Food Not Bombs providing endless free vegetarian meals to everyone. What an awesome movement.
- Seeing a dozen of friends from college. It was surreal seeing so many people I knew in a random city in Georgia.
- I felt an indescribable sense of belonging. Sometimes it can be a bit lonely thinking things like this, but not this weekend. We are one body, for real.
Meeting people who are unabashedly themselves do that to you.